The Government of Alberta has added more important updates and supports on their website https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx.
Update on Mass Gathering Restrictions
A gathering is any event or assembling that brings people together in person, in a single room or single space, indoors or outdoors, at the same time. At this time, it does not include operations in certain workplaces and businesses not specifically defined by the chief medical officer of health.
No gatherings with more than 15 people are allowed, including:
- worship gatherings
- family events, such as weddings and funerals
- social gatherings outdoors
Information for Renters
New protections are in place for residential and mobile homes site tenants facing financial hardship due to COVID-19:
- Tenants cannot be evicted for non-payment of rent and/or utilities before May 1, 2020.
- Rents on residential properties or mobile home sites will not increase while Alberta’s State of Public Health Emergency remains in effect.
- Late fees cannot be applied to late rent payments until June 30 and cannot be collected retroactively for this time.
- Landlords and tenants need to work together to develop payment plans while COVID-19 is being managed.
- Landlords can still file applications and receive orders for possession if the reason for the eviction is unrelated to rent and/or utility payments, or if a tenant refused to negotiate or comply with a payment plan
List Essential Services
For a list of businesses currently permitted to provide services at locations accessible to the public go to https://www.alberta.ca/essential-services.aspx.