There is a new app available to help Albertans access health care
Albertans can now meet with Alberta-licensed physicians through their smartphone, thanks to an initiative by TELUS Health. “Babylon by TELUS Health” is a free service available via a free downloadable app. The app can serve as a new tool for Albertans to access health-care information and support in response to COVID-19 – from anywhere in the province. Albertans can use the service to check symptoms, book appointments, see a doctor, and get prescriptions and referrals for diagnostic imaging and specialists – all covered by Alberta Health Care.
We encourage all employees to consider using this app to help limit the strain on our healthcare system.
Help Prevent the Spread
We continue to remind employees to take the steps to protect themselves and others:
- practice social distancing
- stay home and away from others if sick or in isolation – Notify your supervisor/manager
- practice good hygiene
- wash hands often
- cover coughs and sneezes
- avoid touching face
- monitor for symptoms: cough, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing
If symptoms develop:
- stay home, notify your supervisor/manager
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment
- call Health Link 811 for instructions and testing – Alberta Health Services 811 wait times are high, particularly during peak times of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 pm to 10 p.m. If you or your loved ones are having issues getting through to an 811 nurse – be patient, remain on hold, or try calling during off-peak hours.
Managers and Supervisors – please distribute to your employees who do not have a Backwoods email address.