Alberta Health Services expanded testing eligibility and the list of COVID symptoms that qualify a person for testing based on new and emerging information on the virus.
Individuals who have any of the following symptoms are eligible for testing:
- New cough or worsening of a chronic cough
- New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat or painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
The AHS self-assessment tool online has been updated to include all of these symptoms.